Thursday, June 7, 2012

Clark's FINtastic Birthday

Hi

Our little boy is ONE. Yesterday was Clark's first birthday and I had a mixed bag of emotions. I cried all day actually. At first I was so happy he made it to 1. I'm so proud of how much he has grown, what he has leaned and how he shows his love. I know that only Matt and I can take credit for the baby he is right now and that feels mighty good. He is smart and happy, he is healthy and so loving. After the surge of pride, I felt very sad. This past year has flown by at lightening pace and I feel like I didn't fully appreciate each stage before he moved on to the next. Fortunately, we took a lot of video and pictures. Although, looking at them now makes me sad. I might be one of the few people who actually liked waking up at night, bottles and googly eyed babies. I am sure this next year will be full of just as many milestones and developmental wonders, but from now on I am going to savor each day and each phase.


When he was first born he looked so foreign and his cry sounded so strange. I couldn't wrap my brain around the fact that he was just inside my belly and now I was looking at him. He could move, breath and see.


Now he is walking (like a drunk), he knows different animals by sight and sound, gives hugs and kisses and wants to know the name of EVERYTHING. The first thing out of his mouth in the morning is "that?" and he starts pointing away. He no longer looks like a foreign being, however some days he wakes up bigger and I can tell he has grown overnight. His favorite things to eat are greek yogurt and bananas. His favorite thing to do is play in the water.

Since he loves the water so much and swims like a little fish (but Clark rhymes with Shark) we had a FINtastic shark themed first birthday party. 



He tore into his cupcake and smeared blue lovelyness all over the place. He was so wired from all the sugar that it was near impossible to get him to fall asleep that night. His pupils were the size of sauces and he kept making this weird humming noise and looking at me like "Mom, please make my heart stop beating out of my chest." He wont be getting a sugar high again anytime soon.

 
His prized birthday possession is his new ride. Its red so the insurance on it is higher, the radio only plays the same 5 songs and he always needs a push, but don't dare separate this boy from his toy. He wont leave a room without it. He climbs aboard and says VROOOOM.


 Thanks to all the family and friends who were able to make it over and celebrate.

Colie
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment