Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Why is This so Hard

Hello!

I love being the mother of a 1 year old. He has a personality, he understands most of what I am telling him, I can teach him things and I can watch his true enjoyment as he figures things out. He makes jokes and loves to read books. His attention span is increasing and his schedule is solidified. Most importantly, I now have more time for myself and I don't have to schedule my entire day around 3 naps, carry around bottles and deal with gobs of spit up. I can workout every day and I am not so dog tired at the end of the day that I collapse in a heap on the sofa.

All these wonderful things considered, why am I having such a hard time with him turning one? Is this normal to feel sad that your baby is not a baby anymore or am I completely nutso? Perhaps it is the fact that everyday he wakes up bigger and learns more, I feel like time is going too fast and I don't get a second to appreciate the stage he is in until it is gone.

Now that I have made my sappy thoughts known...ON TO UPDATES!

First off, I found this very happy little blueberry the other day. Ignore the fact that it looks like he is throwing up and focus on the smile.



Clark and I have been hitting the pool quit frequently this summer, he keeps trying to push me away and swim solo. I don't think he understands that he will sink like a stone. He also has a hard time understanding the ramifications of not wearing a hat and sunscreen. SUN CANCER. Not on my watch, buddy.



In bigger news Matt and I were alone for the very first time in 1 year. That's right, we haven't even gone out to dinner without the small fry in tow. We are the few people who really enjoy hanging out with our kid and don't feel like we need alone time because we love spending family time together. It helps that Clark goes to bed at 7pm and we get every evening together.


We decided to go to Vegas for a few hours together. Go big or go home. In one year I have gone to a 6 hour class and the grocery store twice without Clark. It seemed natural to go to Vegas for my first time away from him.




The hotels there are beautiful and there is always something to do. We saw the Cirque du Soleil show called Ka and walked around the strip. We had the opportunity to have Women Delivered to Our Room for a Reasonable Rate, but decided to pass on that Vegas experience. What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Except the Clap.



 There is a 3 hour time difference between Indy and Las Vegas so ended up being awake for about 24 hours and then only slept 3 hours once we did get to bed. Thank you 5 hour energy.



We missed him a lot, but he didn't even seem to care we were gone. It hurt my feelings and made me happy at the same time. More happy. But not happy enough to leave him again any time soon.

Have a happy week,
Colie



No comments:

Post a Comment